Friday, June 22, 2007

Take note: Full frontal assault on free speech

As if it weren't bad enough that Newt Gingrich once came out against free speech. Now it's the Democrats' turn. Take note of the recent news accusing Trent Lott (R-MI), Barbara Boxer (D-CA), and Hillary Clinton (D-NY) of launching a all out attack on free speech.

Trent Lott has been quoted as saying "Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem." Excuse me sir, talk radio? Let's see:

Political power that talk radio has: NONE

Political power of Trent Lott: SOME

Let's see, could it be that people like you, Trent, that are running America. Could it be that you, Trent, are so intoxicated with power that you won't let the people that make this country great do their job without slapping them with laws and regulations. What are you afraid of Trent? People talking? What's next; are you going to speak out against the voters?

As if that weren't enough, it is claimed by James Inhofe (R-OK) that Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer were discussing a "legislative fix" for talk radio. She's running for president!! I know that I don't want Hillary to replace our "Decider." It sounds like she might just "decide" what we can and cannot listen to.

I really doubt that the American people are as dumb as these three legislative clowns must think we are. Are we really so dumb that we are not able to decide what we do and do not listen to? Or perhaps it's something different? Could it be that Congress has a 27% approval rating, people are not happy, and they're ... talking. I don't know, just a thought.

Well since freedom of speech is under attack. Let me take some time to introduce you to my favorite talk radio show. I want to speak now before there's a law that says that I can't.

No comments: