Thursday, August 30, 2007

Contradictory article about senate minority leader

In response to a Winchester Sun article titled "McConnell calls for troop withdrawal." The choice of title for this article leaves me confused. My confusion is based on the fact that the article claims that McConnell is in favor of a "long term, but smaller presence in the region." This does not sound like a withdrawal to me.

Over the course of years American forces have acquired presences in many countries. In 2004 there were 702 foreign U.S. military bases in about 130 countries. This is a disturbing number, and is contra to the purpose of peace. I think that our senator needs not only to address our troops in Iraq, but all our boys and girls who are stationed around world. I would like him to answer the question "How is this sustainable?"

No comments: